I don’t get to see everything.
I don’t get paid to review films.
I don’t have the money to see it all.
Sometimes, I just lose interest.
BUT, here is a list of flicks I really wanted to see(with the exception of ONE film), and hope to see soon, BUT I won’t be adding to my Favorites list (unless they completely blow me away.)
1. Moon- I hear great things about this film. I am fan of actor Sam Rockwell, and the premise and the style of the film just seems like a movie I could dig. Sigh…next time.
2. The Hurt Locker-Again, great reviews and a cool sounding premise.
3. Thirst- LOOOOOOVE Park Chan-Wook. I’m pissed that I missed this in the theaters.
4. Paper Heart-It just seems like the kind of quirky indy comedy that I could eat up. Great premise too.
5. Big Fan- I love Patton Oswald, and I loved the script for The Wrestler, and the reviews have been really good for this dark drama film.
6. Extract- The first Mike Judge movie I missed in theaters (YES, I actually got to see Idiocracy on the big screen.) The clips I saw at Comic Con where damn funny, so I definitely plan on seeing it…soon..eventually.
7. Stephen Soderbergh double misses! The Girlfriend Experience and The Informant- Loved the trailers for both films..
I think Soderbergh is one of the most interesting(and most productive) filmmaker in the business. Even if his films misses, they are still interesting films to watch.
8. Paranormal Activity- I have a confession to make…I don’t want to see this. The hype was too big. The expectations were too high and in then end, I feel I would have benefited from watching it with a big, audience. What sucks, the time I could have enjoyed it was back in June in 2009, where I got a call to check out a test screening of the film. I never heard of the film so I passed, but I wish I didn’t. That was probably the best way to watch it…not knowing a damn thing about it. Now I know too much, theres nothing for me to get excited about here.
9. A Serious Man- I missed a dark comedy Coen Brothers film, thats unacceptable.
10. Bronson- first watch the trailer….
yeah, it looks all kinds of bad ass. I’m pretty disappointed.
11. Black Dynamite- All my friends saw it. They loved it. The sad part? Most of them would have never heard of it if I didn’t tell them about it after I showed them the trailer…
Grrr. I’m pissed.
That being said, I still got to see a LOT this year, and it was quite the interesting year in film, thats for sure.